Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The House Fund

As host, I am happy to provide a small amount of snacks and beverages; as well as other poker supplies that need occasional replenishing. I also enjoy ordering (and choosing) the very cheap trophies for our tournaments. I really don't consider these expenses a burden whatsoever, and the joy I get out of hosting a well run game is more than enough compensation for my relatively tiny financial contributions.

That said....

Many players over the years have been kind enough to throw a few dollars the house's way in appreciation for the time and expense of running this operation. Their generosity is greatly appreciated.

I realize that we are all financially in different places, and I wouldn't want anyone to ever feel obligated to chip in. Besides, if I did charge a fee, even a small fee, the game would be illegal!

Keeping all of this in mind, there will be a House Fund jar at all tournaments from now on. Please don't feel obligated either way, I completely understand if you can't contribute. And please also understand, don't contribute too much! A couple of dollars is a large amount in relation to what it costs to run a poker game.

Give if you want to, give if you are able, and give a small amount!

Either way, I'm WAY ahead on this deal.

No comments: